Sunday, August 20, 2006

GORDON GILTRAP GIG...
Brix and I were lucky enough to be invited along to a gig (concert) to hear a great guitarist called Gordon Giltrap.If you look at 'my complete profile' on the sidebar then you can see our favourite books, movies and music. I (Morta) have been a fan for a long time although I can't play nearly as many notes as fast as Gordon can play them!
Brix and I were allowed to look after the mixer desk with all its knobs and switches and after Gordon finished playing we got to meet the man himself.
Gordon was kind enough to visit our house and he offered me a short lesson. Can you see Gordon and I playing together? Gordon plays a very individual style of rock/folk/ guitar, you can find out more about him and his music if you visit his website where it tells you about all his albums and other gigs and some of the other people he has played with like Rick Wakeman and Brian May. I wonder if he might do a fundraising concert when the new school opens? Are we brave enough to ask him?
Here I am playing my guitar.
Did you know that the sets of strings on a guitar come in different thicknesses? They are called 'gauges' and thin ones are light and easy to play and thicker heavier ones are stiffer and you can play them really hard. I'm not even sure what gauge mine are! Do you know how many strings there are on a guitar?
We were promised a visit to the concrete plant last week but we are waiting to hear from them, in the meantime it looks like we'll be going up the big crane that is going to be put up soon, so as soon as there's news we'll let you know.
See you soon.
Brix & Morta

Google